Different Types Of Yoga For PCOS
Are you suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)? Can you cure PCOS with yoga? Not to worry, we are here to solve your problem in a non-medication manner with yoga in different Asanas?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disease among the reproductive age of women. In women with PCOS, menstrual cycles may be irregular or prolonged, and levels of male hormones (androgens) may be excessive.
According to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, one in ten Indian women has PCOS. Doctors, however, believe PCOS is a result of stress resulting from today’s unhealthy lifestyle – the result of stress.
Symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS?
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Heavyweight gain
- Heavy hair loss and hair growth on the body parts.
- Mood swing etc.
We have some yoga techniques and poses for PCOS. There are many techniques available, But we have discussed 5 effective Yoga asanas for PCOS.
1- Setu bandha sarvangasana
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, the bridge pose, is a reclined backbend that opens the chest. For this asana (pose), beginners must lift the hips and sternum while pressing the arms into the mat to create a bridge-like effect with the body for maximum stretching.
2-Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
It is a yoga practice that incorporates a flow sequence of some twelve gracefully linked asanas called Surya Namaskar (Surya Namaskar in Sanskrit). It is the most effective yoga for PCOS.
- Standing in a prayer pose in front of the morning sun.
- Fold your hands slowly backwards in a reclining posture and inhale.
- Slowly exhale and bend your knee with a forwarding hand and place it to the feet.
- Look up forward lag in an athlete position.
- Exhale, Rise hip and fold your tailbone to air to make an inverted V with your body.
- Lunch your cobra position by lifting your chest and stretching forward.
- Repeat five to seven times.
3- Bhujangasana ( Cobra Pose)
A combination of two Sanskrit words- bhujanga for “cobra” and asana for “position”- generates the word Bhujangasana. The pose resembles the position of a cobra with its hood raised, so it is also known as the ‘Cobra Pose’ yoga for PCOS.
- Your elbows should be close to your body, palms facing down while lying on your back.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds and straighten your arms, lifting your chest off the floor, and the Navel should be touched to the floor.
It can help to decrease your stress, and stress is one of the main causes of PCOS. Yoga for PCOS can help you out with this problem.
- It’s very simple and unique. Just simply lie down on the ground with a flat pose and hand palm facing up.
- Then close your eyes; breath slowly and as deeply as possible through your break.
- In an empty mind, just focus on Breathing and try to lie down for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
5- Padma Sadhana
It is the most popular yoga for PCOS and is also known as the lotus meditation of Yoga. This asana makes you feel relaxed and in an anger-free state of mind.
- The pose is initiated by sitting on the floor with your legs straight and extended in front of you.
- Bring the lower leg into a cradle by gently bending the knees.
- Using your hands, gently place the left leg on your left thigh.
- Repeat this process slowly with the other leg as well.
These are the most popular Yoga for PCOS you can try in your home without any expertise. However, if you face any problems, you can comment below, and we will try to solve your problem.