Things You Should Know About Power Adapters!
A power adapter is a device meant to convert the current from one voltage to another, usually from low to high. The power adapter, also called as AC adapter converts Alternating current into direct current to incorporate the power to the batteries of other electronic gadgets like laptops, mobile phones, cameras, music players, etc.
The power adapters are available in different sizes and shapes. Choosing the right adapter and plug for your gadgets is important. The selection of the right adapter depends on the voltage, current, and the plug. The plug is considered as an important factor while selecting the adapter.
The different types of plugs are Type A, Type B, Type C, Type D, Type E, Type F, Special Plug Type E&F, Type G, Type H, Type I, Type J, Type K, Type L, Type M, Special case of A&C. The different types of plugs include a factory plug (ปลั๊กไฟ โรงงาน, which is the term in Thai), spark plug, etc. Today, we have the universal power adapters i.e. the USB cables, which are used to charge all kinds of devices.
How Does It Function?
The principle involved behind the working of a power adapter is the conversion of AC into DC. The name itself says that it adapts to the power of the current derived initially. The current that the adapter derives is alternating current. The adapter has two wire windings in it. Later, the second wire also tends to create an electric field which is then received by the gadget or device. For the device, the adapter is the power supplier. The adapter also has the diodes that convert AC into DC. This is how the adapter works to supply power to the devices.
- A power adapter (ปลั๊ก แปลง ไฟ, term in Thai) is used to supply power to electronic devices like mobile phones, laptops, music systems, digital cameras, etc.
- Power adapters can be used while traveling. A universal power adapter can be used for all your devices.
Advantages Of Using Power Adapters:
- They ensure the safety of the devices preventing damage due to high voltage by operating on low voltages.
- No noise is produced.
- They are light in weight and are easy to carry along with you when you go somewhere.
- They do not alter the functioning or longevity of the device because they do not produce any heat internally.
- They are safer and highly efficacious.