RBI Assistant Mains – Exam Pattern & Preparation Tips
The Reserve Bank of India is the apex bank in the country and therefore, getting a job in RBI is considered highly prestigious. A large number of candidates appear for the RBI Exam every year to get recruited into its various sectors and hence, the competition remains high.
RBI has released the official notification for the RBI Assistant Examination 2020. RBI Assistant recruitment exam is conducted by RBI to select eligible candidates for the post of Assistant in its various branches and sub-offices.
As per the official notification, the RBI Assistant Examination (Mains) will be conducted in March 2020. However, candidates are advised to check the official website regularly for any change in exam date. The RBI Assistant Prelims Examination was conducted on 14th-15th February 2020.
RBI Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
RBI Exam provides the candidates with a gateway to join one of the most coveted government organizations in India. Since there are only a few days left for the RBI Assistant Mains, therefore, the candidates must start their preparation for the RBI Exam. Before starting with the preparation, the aspirants are advised to have a clear picture of the exam pattern. Doing so will help them become familiar with the level of examination.
The exam pattern for RBI Assistant Mains is discussed in the table below:
|RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for Mains|
|Subjects||Marks||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong attempted answer but no marks will be deducted for the question that is not attempted by the candidate.
Preparation Tips for RBI Assistant Mains
Since the level of competition for the RBI Exam is always high, the candidates often find it difficult to crack the exam at first attempt. Following an important preparation strategy will thus help the aspirants in boosting their confidence level. Some important preparation tips for the RBI Exam (Assistant) are mentioned below:
- Before preparing themselves for the examination, a clear picture of the marking pattern and syllabus is very important.
- A proper division of the RBI Exam syllabus should be done for effective time management.
- A comfortable timetable should be made by the candidates before starting with their RBI Assistant preparation. Distributing the subjects as per the time table will help in more organized preparation. Doing so will help him/her to score well in the RBI Exam.
- Regular solving of RBI Assistant Previous Year Papers will help the candidate to be familiar with the level of examination.
- Candidates should prepare well for the quantitative aptitude and reasoning section. The major focus should be given on understanding and practising the concepts on a regular basis, which will help them to improve their logical thinking skills.
There are also several RBI Exam mock tests and quizzes that are available online. Taking up these mock tests on a regular basis will help the candidates in building up their confidence. Candidates can also download the RBI Assistant Previous Year Papers that are available online.